POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP WwW 2 (175 Kb) : Re: WIP WwW 2 (175 Kb) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 12:18:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP WwW 2 (175 Kb)
From: Stephen Bell
Date: 3 Feb 2002 02:17:50
Message: <3c5ce41e@news.povray.org>
That's a really fun scene.  I think it's great.  A few things that might
help...
1.  I think the phong value on the green bug-eyed car thing is a bit too
high.  It just looks too glossy for plastic.
2.  By the color of the light source, I'd say it's a fluorescent, but by the
sharpness of the shadows (I know it's an area light, but I think it needs to
be spread out more), it looks more like the light is coming from a single
light bulb.
3.  The antialiasing is doing some funky kind of swirl pattern across your
new bulletin board.  I'm not sure how to fix that, but it looks a little
odd.
4.  I think radiosity would help your picture lots.
5.  Is your floor a repeating image map?  It would be nicer if the woodgrain
wasn't the same in each tile.  If it is an image map, a simple solution
would be to make the square tile transparent in a GIF, then put a wood
texture underneath the whole thing.  Just a thought.
Anyway, I love your modelling.  Keep working at it.

Stephen